Scheme for a routine procedure in root canal therapy
For optimum results, the RCT, several important steps can be distinguished:
- Evaluation before starting treatment, the technical difficulties that may arise during the procedure in terms of access and negotiations on the anatomy of root canals.
- Opening of teeth for the purpose of localization of all the channels, the so-called open access training.
- Ensure aseptic areas of work, including the use of rubber dams.
- Conducting mechanical instrumentation channel of the interior.
- Irrigation canals to remove debris and to chemical disinfection.
- Accommodation antimicrobial dressing before the next meeting.
- Closing of the root canal system between meetings.
- Evaluating the results of the initial treatment.
- Conducting root canal filling.
- Recalling the patient within 6-12 months to assess long-term results.