Prevent Dental Injury
Children are active, and sometimes get hurt. To protect your child's teeth from injuries:
- Use approved child car seat safety belts at all times.
- The use of the restrictions provided for in carriages and carts.
- Childproof your home when your child learns to walk. For example, make sure that your child does not have access to the stairs.
- Teach your child to avoid pushing and shoving, when near the fountains or on the Playground.
- Provide your child with a mouthguard while playing contact sports such as hockey, baseball, soccer, football. Mouthguard protect teeth from serious injuries, and also helps to absorb the impact force to the head, jaw and neck. Your dental health professional may recommend right mouthguard.