What Is a Cosmetic Smile Makeover? Hollywood smile, celebrity smile
What impact does your grin have on your own life?
Are you unhappy with your smile? Would you like to shift your grin to improve shape, the colour or length of your teeth? Or alter the appearance of lips or your gums to give your complete grin a look that is more appealing?
- Over 75% of individuals don't feel confident to smile in a photo.
- Over 45% of individuals make judgements about individuals by the look of their smile.
- Over 75% of people believe a lovely smile helps people psychologically.
- Over 65% of people believe an attractive smile helps romantically.
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover
calls for one or more aesthetic, facial or dental rejuvenation procedures to enhance the aesthetics of your grin. A smile makeover
to one man could mean something completely different to another, and it is a rather individual choice. For instance, some people want the perfectly white Hollywood smile makeover
, or the star smile.
Others might just want a straightforward advancement, including the replacement of amalgam fillings with complex and teeth whitening.
How do a grin makeover improve my grin?
Whatever the reasons for your dissatisfaction with your smile, you will find various ways you can improve your smile using modern cosmetic dentistry:
- Crooked teeth can be straightened with Invisalign braces or conventional orthodontics. In this scenario, the primary disadvantage is that the teeth need to be prepared for veneers.
- Broken teeth can be fixed - the treatment will be based on the extent of damage, but the choices include aesthetic bonding, porcelain veneers or porcelain jacket crowns.
- Missing teeth can be replaced - functional problems can be caused by gaps as well as being unsightly. Often, a smile makeover entails the replacement of existing restorations or differences between teeth. Alternatives include dental implants, a dental bridge or a denture.
- Gaps can be closed to give your smile a more even appearance. This is often realized immediately with porcelain veneers such as da Vinci veneers, or Lumineers. Orthodontics also can be used to move the teeth and close the disparities between them.
Surgical or laser gum contouring can readily remedies this, in case you have a gummy grin.
If you are not satisfied with the colour of your teeth, or if you've badly stained teeth, they are sometimes treated with professional teeth whitening or prophyflex cleaning.
These can be enhanced using a mix of Botox and dermal filler treatments, for those who have lips or deep smile lines, frown lines that have lost their fullness.
The end result of a smile makeover for many people is a smile to be proud of, one that is straight, white and perfectly aligned.
This will depend on many variables:
- The treatment demanded.
- Your aesthetic dentists' ability.
- The clinic where the treatment is completed.
A smile makeover
can cost to GBP40,000 for a complete smile reconstruction, from as little as GBP3,000 for a simple smile advancement.