MAJOR EVENTS IN THE INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE
1. Inflammatory response
triggered the invasion of pathogenic micro-organisms or tissue damage.
2. Immediately, the fat cells (located in the connective tissues near blood vessels) is a release of chemical substances, the expansion of capillaries and increased vascular permeability (Fig. 8-11).
3. Minutes after tissue injury, increases blood flow to this area. Higher blood volume heats the tissue and causing her to blush. This increased blood flow necessary for obtaining immune cell defenders" of the site.
4. Within a few hours, white blood cells pass through the walls of capillaries in the connective tissue. With blood plasma proteins leak out of the capillaries and accumulate in the tissues.
5. Leukocytes to englobe the invasion of pathogenic microorganisms and release of mediators of inflammation, which contribute to the inflammatory response.
A. inflammatory biochemical mediators of biologically active compounds secreted by cells, which stimulates the body's inflammatory response.
B. inflammatory mediators importance of periodontitis are cytokines, prostaglandins, and matrix metalloproteinases.
1. The white cells produce cytokines, which play an important role in regulating the behavior of cells of the immune system.
2. Chemokines, main subgroups of cytokines that cause additional immune cells that will be attracted to the site of infection or injury .