Peri-implant Soft Tissue Management
Papilla Regeneration Technique:
- Identify the location of the cover screws through the covering mucosa.
- Make an incision at the palatal/lingual aspect of the cover screws, followed by vertical releasing incisions in the buccal direction. It is important to preserve the gingival cuff at neighboring teeth.
- Elevate a full-thickness flap in the buccal direction.
- Remove the cover screws.
- Select proper abutments and connect them to the fixtures.
- Make semilunar bevel incisions in the buccal flap towards each abutment. Start at the distal aspect of the most mesially located implant.
- Disengage the pedicle, then rotate it 90° in the palatal direction to fill in the interimplant space.
- Suture the tissues, allowing no tension within the pedicles.