Indications for Recommending Home Oral Irrigation
A. individuals on periodontal maintenance. Studies have shown that daily use of a dental water jet can be useful for patients with gingivitis
or for those who are in periodontal maintenance [6-10,13,14,18,20].
1. Daily irrigation during the 6-month period, reduces bleeding on probing 50% .
2. Patients with 5 mm pockets and bleeding, which added daily irrigation traditional home care " achieved a significant reduction in inflammation and gum bleeding on probing, when compared with patients using only traditional self-help methods .
B. persons incompatible with dental floss. While previously considered as a support for brushing and flossing, new information indicates that the house of irrigation oral cavity can be considered an effective alternative to dental floss daily.
1. In addition, dental water jet once a day with plain water, either manually or power cleaning procedure was effective alternative to dental floss to reduce bleeding, inflammation of the gums, and biofilms .
2. In addition, dental water jet for manual cleaning of the teeth is reduced 3.76 times more biofilms than using dental floss floss threader and 5.83 times more biofilms than manual tooth brushing alone.
3. Dental water jet is also much better to reduce bleeding; 84.5% from baseline. It was 26% better than the results achieved with dental floss .
C. persons with special needs. The house of irrigation has been shown to be safe and
effective for patients with special needs.
1. Dental Implants. To improve health around the implant tissues, daily irrigation with soft rubber tips and 0.06% chlorhexidine was more effective in reducing bleeding than rinsing 0.12% chlorhexidine . Although it is often recommended, to date, no studies have been conducted on standard irrigation Council on dental implants.
2. Persons with diabetes. For people living with diabetes, twice daily irrigation with soft rubber tip, provided that 44% higher reduce bleeding over everyday oral hygiene .
3. Persons with Orthodontic appliances. For those who orthodontics, dental, and a jet of water with orthodontic tip, provided 3.76 times better remove biofilms than using dental floss floss threader .
4. Prosthetic dentures and crowns. For persons with a bridge and/or crowns, daily watering produced significant reduction in inflammation .